Thank you to our valued guests, partners and stakeholders of Haiti Tech Summit.
Over the past few days we have engaged our partners, attendees and stakeholders regarding their current state of affairs as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
At Haiti Tech Summit we value our commitment and responsibility to Haiti and its stakeholders.
In 2017 we shocked the world with a new narrative for Haiti and launched a 13 year roadmap to accelerate the country via technology.
In 2018 we announced Haiti’s scaling tech ecosystem and new opportunities for industry development.
In 2019 we overcame riots, political instability and level 4 warning protocols to host the summit with helicopters, military, and security partners.
In 2020 we will overcome a global pandemic and show another level of resilience and commitment to Haiti. Thanks to the inputs of stakeholders like you, we have decided to put safety first and postpone Haiti Tech Summit to fall 2020. Furthermore, its important that we provide this notice far in advance so you can plan accordingly. Sadly, not many programs in the country are able to honor professionalism and transparency and provide you this courtesy. Yet, we will maintain a high standard of credibility and re-affirm our decision to postpone the 4th edition of Haiti Tech Summit 75 days prior to our summit date.
- Health: The Coronavirus Pandemic is spreading and until countries come with a cure or structured system of operation, there will be a continued series of country lock downs put in place. We can not support the spread of cases into Haiti with international travelers.
- Economic Challenges: There is a global concern that an economic recession may be likely due to the shutdown of business activities all over the world. We understand that companies and people need time to recalibrate their finances and business operations.
- Community: With all that is taking place, we understand that people need to be with their loved ones. Mentally, we know you have to prioritize the safety of your family, friends and loved ones. It may be insensitive to promote our programming (though valuable) during this time when you need a period of reflection and analysis.
With that said, we are the longest running global tech conference in the country and as such have provided
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars into the local economy with our vendor ecosystem- Hotel (Royal Decameron), HPS (Printing), Konfettidecor, Graphcity (Videography), Haiti Brand (Photography), Unico (Printing), Access Haiti (Internet), Dagmar (marketing and printing), Fre Designs (Badge printing), Hertz (Car Escorts) and dozens more. We will continue to spotlight these amazing local businesses.
- Dozens of contracts and agreements for ecosystem development (Airbnb and Ministry of Tourism in 2017), Facebook and Google Partnership with Banj launches in 2018, Startup Grind Chapter launches, etc. We will continue to work with international partners to keep Haiti in their global expansion plans and make continued investments. Haiti is still the #1 tech ecosystem in the Caribbean as a result of these rapid movements.
- Training and development with our continued workshop series and programs during Haiti Tech Week, Startup Lab and more. We will continue to run training programs with the community virtually.
Thus Haiti Tech Summit has now been moved to October 2020. Here’s what you need to know:
- Attendees: All current ticket holders have the choice to use their ticket for October 2020 or defer their ticket to 2021/2022. We have a history of honoring all ticket deferment requests.
- Sponsors: All partners are committed to the fall summit. We have multi year agreements with our partners and they are committed to Haiti for the 13 year initiative that is in place.
- Speakers: All speakers have received communication of the postponement and have deferred their participation to October 2020.
Over the next 6 months as we work towards the fall program for the 4th edition of Haiti Tech Summit, we will be rolling out substantial digital programming to support businesses and career professionals.
We hope that you are in positive light, energy and company during this time. Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to collaborating together this fall.
Haiti Tech Summit
(W) Haiti Tech Summit