Each month we highlight the top 10 entrepreneurs disrupting global markets. With the spotlight list we crowdsource a public vote on most highest influential entrepreneur on the list to hear their full story featured in our hall of fame series.
We are pleased to announce that Jhonson Napoleon was the popular vote winner of the Haitian Community.
We connected with our Hall of Fame winner to hear what motivates him. Hear his amazing story and advice below.
Media personality and founder of Azure College School of Nursing
What is your greatest achievement?
- Personally : Seeing my three (3) boys grow up to become young men they are now is my greatest personal achievement.
- Socially : Taking 285 Haitians to Israel in 2000, 260 had no US visa and never left Haiti, is what I would consider one of my greatest social achievements. Since then I’ve been taking Haitians to Israel, Palestine, Jordan and Egypt, including this pass November when I took 32 Haitians from Haiti without visa to the Middle Each.
- Business: Starting the first Haitian owned and Accredited College in the USA is my greatest business achievement.
2. What advice you have for other entrepreneurs?
- Overnight Success takes 20 years. Be patient. Know who you are. Love problems, only when you solve problems you are rewarded with money. Be a lifelong learner. Be a reader. Enjoy life. DO YOU.
3. How do you leverage your influence to change the narrative on Haiti?
- I am starting Azure University this January 2019. The goal is to offer an international Higher education to anyone that can afford it. I use my social media presence, to promote self-sustainability, to help young Haitian in Haiti to see the world outside of their enclose 27,500 SQ KM, and dream, and dream big.
To follow his activities, like his facebook page where 250,000+ influencers connect with his daily words of inspiration, wisdom and announcements.
About Haiti Tech Summit Hall of Fame Series:
Haiti is rapidly earning itself as a prime hot spot for entrepreneurial activity. With 11 million citizens and a global diaspora network of 30 million Haitian internationals- the influence of Haitian entrepreneurs on the global economy is spreading. Nominate someone here.
About Haiti Tech Summit: Founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 Entrepreneur, Christine Souffrant Ntim, Haiti Tech Summit brings together thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, digital marketers and creatives under one roof together to address humanity’s greatest challenges via entrepreneurship. It is a part of a 13-year initiative of GSE, which aims to bring centralize top local and global influencers in Haiti on an annual basis to accelerate industry development and ecosystem scaling in Haiti.
Companies represented for the past 2 years included Silicon Valley giants such as Google, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Facebook, Paypal, Mastercard, Linkedin, Github, Intuit, Dropbox, Sendgrid, Youtube, Intuit and Adobe. Headline speakers included the President of Haiti, His Excellency Jovenel Moise, Venture Capitalist investor of Airbnb and Facebook Ben Horowitz, Former Editor in Chief of Ebony Magazine Kyra Kyles, Founder of Draper Associates and Draper University- Tim Draper, and celebrity influencers such as Vicky Jeudy from Netflix series Orange is the New Black and music artists Michael Brun and J Perry. Ecosystem enabler networks included Steve Blank’s Launchpad, Galvanize, Puerto Rico’s Parallel 18, Pivotal Labs, Angel Hack Accelerator, WIN Lab, Startup Grind, Forbes 30 Under 30 listmakers, Brazil’s Laiob-Latin America Institute of Business, and Alter Ventures.
The summit also welcomed leading local networks such as the US Embassy of Port Au Prince, Digicel, Royal Decameron, Ministry of Tourism, National Council of Telecommunications-Conatel, The Central Bank- BRH, CRS – Catholic Relief Services, Barbancourt, French Chamber of Commerce, Access Haiti, and Centre for Facilitation of Investments (CFI). Media represented included Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Techcrunch, Black Enterprise, Ebony Magazine, NY Times, Atlantic Black Star, Haitian Times, Chokarella, Trace Media, Loop Haiti, Le Nouvelliste, Ayibo Post, Metropol, and Radio Caribe.
For Haiti Tech Summit