Global Startup Ecosystem Brings 15 Companies to Haiti!
The Global Startup Ecosystem initiative started with the purpose of supporting startups from emerging markets. Over 500 companies completed the digital startup accelerator program-representing over 63 different countries in just the past 6 months!
We had over 15 global judges and 27 regional speakers from Tech Stars, Mass Challenge, Google, Inc Magazine, Forbes 30 Under 30, IBM, SXSW, Singularity University, Draper University, The Guardian, Seed Stars, Send Grid, Startup Grind, Startup Weekend, 1776, and more! We are grateful to our 28 different regional partners for making this a reality.
The top regional companies will receive invitations to demo at the Haiti Tech Summit. Here are the top companies who will be featured:
- Caribbean Top 3: First Place: aquaflowjm (Jamaica) water efficiency for the future, Second Place: PlantBasedForYou (Guyana) changing how we eat, one produce at a time, Third Place: kwabosal (Haiti) Destined to become the amazon of Haiti-#1 e-commerce for the country
- Latin America Top 3: CommunidadFeliz, (Chile) http://www.ifurniture.peIfurniture (Peru) and Lecto Geeks. The popular vote was won by Enjoy Market (Mexico).
- Middle East Top 3: YallaParking (UAE) with 31.5 judge points, judge Uliq(UAE) with 30 points and Akla-Baity (Egypt) with 28 judge points. NewShifts was the winner of the popular vote.
- Africa Top 3: Loystar with 31 points (Nigeria), Intelligent Routing with 31 points (South Africa), and Edusko (Ghana) with 29 points. The tie was broken with the popular vote with Loystar receiving more votes then Intelligent Routing. RentYourHall was the winner of the popular vote.
- Asia Top 3: Jumper.ai with 42 points, CityBump with 29 points, Panache with 26 points. Zicly won the popular vote.
Interested in joining the network? Check out the opportunities below:
- Join regional facebook pages for updates, prizes, and announcements! Caribbean, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Asia
- Get access to regional slides: Caribbean, Latin America, Middle East,Africa, Asia
- Get access to regional reports: Caribbean, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Asia
- Next round of applications is open for Fall October 2017 Digital Startup Accelerator. Refer a friend.
Global Startup Ecosystem Team