When we first announced the Haiti Tech Summit- we were overwhelmed with the support of 423,000 people from all over the world! Then, the questions started to flow in. Below is a list of typical questions that arise regarding the summit.
In the end, you want to be here. Don’t miss out on this historic event and have bragging rights that will last a lifetime!
- Why Haiti? Hosting the event in Haiti not only aims to revitalize economic activity in the country but to also provide a new narrative for Haiti and emerging markets. “Haiti has a profound history of empowerment, leadership, and innovation. As one of the most populous countries in the region, it has huge potential to catalyze entrepreneurship in a unique way ” says Christine Souffrant Ntim, the founding organizer of the event.
- What if it’s my first time in Haiti? All ticket packages above the standard are inclusive of hotel, food and airport pickup. Our team ensures that once you arrive in Port au Prince, that you will be taken care of. All you need is to fly into Port Au Prince, Haiti. We take care of everything else.
- Do I need a Visa to enter? Haiti does not require any Visa’s to enter. There is a $10-$20 entrance fee into the country that can be paid once you land.
- How do I book a hotel? All ticket packages above standard includes hotel accommodation.
- What is the official language of the event? The official language of communication is English. We will have on-site translators in Creole and French at certain parts of the event.
- When should I arrive? The event is on June 6-7, 2017. We suggest that speakers and attendees fly in on June 5th and fly out on June 8th to get the full program experience. Please note that all hotel packages include 3-night stay for the night of June 5, 6, and 7.
- Can I volunteer at the event? Volunteer positions will be posted 3 weeks prior to the event and will mostly be open to locals.
- How can I partner, speak or help with the event? Please send all inquries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is the Global Startup Ecosystem? Global Startup Ecosystem is the sponsoring partner of the event and based in the USA. It is a privately held company.
- Is this a government event? No. This is a tech event that has no government affiliations. We do however have featured speakers from the local and regional government ecosystem.
- How do I pay if I don’t have a Paypal account? After selecting your ticket option, click on the cart and it will take you to the PayPal page. You can pay by credit or debit card by clicking on the option below the login page of Paypal.