May 15, 2019 [Port au Prince, Haiti] Haiti Tech Summit is pleased to announce that the 3rd Annual Summit will be in partnership with Forbes8 and the US Embassy of Haiti. The agenda will be the first crowdsourced agenda – Roadmap to 2030– bringing decision makers together to transform Haiti’s 10 major industry sectors via technology. Discussions and outcomes of round table meetings will be officially published to Haiti Tech Summit’s global media partners of over 46 magazines, newspapers and social networks. Over 100 global speakers will convene to launch partnerships to accelerate: Tourism, Education, Agriculture, Finance, Media, Energy, Health, Fashion, Real Estate, and Music. RSVP to join us on June 20-22, 2019.
Deemed the “Davos of the Caribbean” Haiti Tech Summit brings together thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, pioneers, and creatives under one roof to address humanity’s greatest challenges via technology. With previous headliners such as Jack Dorsey (Founder of Twitter), Ben Horowitz (Investor Twitter, Facebook), Tim Draper (Investor in Skype, Hotmail etc), the President of Haiti Jovenel Moise, Vicky Jeudy from Netflix Orange is the New Black, and VP+CEOs from Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Uber and more- the summit will return with 3 major developments for 2019:
- Haiti Tech Summit will partner with Forbes Magazine to live stream the event and feature stories of speakers and attendees on their website and community app.
- Haiti Tech Summit will feature major experts and speakers to train, discuss and partner with local stakeholders on projects covering 10+ major industry sectors: Tourism, Education, Agriculture, Finance, Media, Energy, Health, Fashion, Real Estate, and Music. Round table meetings will be facilitated with stand by moderators to issue policy reports post the summit. The goal is to position Haiti to leverage the 4th Industrial Revolution and accelerate Haiti into the Digital Age. Thus partnerships with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals will be in effect.
- Haiti Tech Summit will offer the largest series of training workshops on personal branding, business financing, and digital marketing in Haiti’s history. Workshop sessions will cover 3 tracks:
- Individual track- Learn how to build and monetize your personal brand in the digital age.
- Business track- Learn how to build startups that leverage future technologies or learn how to optimize your current business with the best digital tools available today.
- Ecosystem track- Learn how to start and scale a movement. From training on how to launch an incubator to how to launch tech events- we reveal the top strategies influencers can leverage to scale Haiti’s tech ecosystem.
In addition to galvanizing stakeholders at the largest summit in the country, Haiti Tech Summit has grown its ambassador network to facilitate travelers coming to Haiti despite the annual travel warning placed on the country. With sponsorships from the US Embassy flying in 25 entrepreneurs from across the Caribbean, to features with airline partners to support the 1000 participants flying into Haiti for the event- Haiti Tech Summit aims to break its previous record of 123 million social media views to #ChangetheNarrative about #Haiti to revitalize the tourism sector. RSVP to join us on June 20-22, 2019.
About Haiti Tech Summit: Founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 Entrepreneur, Christine Souffrant Ntim, Haiti Tech Summit brings together thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, celebrities and creatives under one roof together to address humanity’s greatest challenges via tech and entrepreneurship. It is a part of a 13-year initiative to turn Haiti into an international tech hub by 2030. Deemed the “Davos of the Caribbean”, Haiti Tech Summit has welcomed keynote speakers such as Jack Dorsey-founder of Twitter, President of Haiti- Jovenel Moise, Ben Horowitz- Investor in Facebook, etc.